as of Tuesday, 12/4/2018... our Worcester Office has moved to 642 Park Avenue, Worcester MA 01603
Why Choose a Propane Water Heater?
Posted: October 30, 2018
On average, an American household uses more than 60 gallons of hot water a day to fill its showers, dishwasher, sinks, and washing machine. With that kind of workload, it’s no wonder that the U.S. Department of Energy estimates that water heating accounts for about 18 percent of your monthly energy bill.
The good news is you can cut down some of that use when you replace your electric water heater with a high efficiency propane water heater.
Even better news is that the benefits of a propane water heater don’t end with lower bills. A propane water heater will also shrink the carbon footprint of your Massachusetts home and possibly even boost your home’s resale value.
Here are some key reasons to switch your electric water heater to a propane model:
- You will save money – Propane provides more heating power per dollar than electricity, but the savings don’t end there. When you factor in the lower cost to maintain propane equipment and its longer life span, a propane water heater comes out far ahead, with a total cost of ownership of about 30 percent less than electric-powered water heaters.
- You will use less energy – Propane water heaters heat water twice as fast as electric heaters – which means you will get more hot water from a smaller sized tank, and you’ll have shorter recovery times.
- You will be greener – Propane is so eco-friendly that it’s approved by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) as a clean alternative fuel. Using propane lowers greenhouse gas emissions compared using electricity water heating options that draw power from coal-fired plants.
- It will ease your mind – Propane water heaters typically last a decade longer than electric-powered water heaters – which means you’ll spend less time and money on equipment repairs and replacements. Propane will also be available for you during a power outage, unlike electricity.
- It could add value to your home – A propane water heater – especially a tankless model – will improve your Home Energy Rating System (HERS) and LEED scores, which adds value to your home if you sell it.
As you can see, a propane water heater provides many advantages over electric water heater options. To see if a propane water heater is right for you, contact us today – and don’t forget to ask about our money saving propane water heater and tankless propane water heater specials!