Upgrade Your Winter with a Propane Fire Feature (Part 2 of 2)
Posted: September 21, 2017
In part one of this blog, we talked about some important considerations if you want to install a propane fireplace from scratch.
But what if you already have a wood-burning fireplace feature and just want to enjoy the convenience and efficiency of a propane hearth?
If that’s the case, you want to convert your wood-burning fireplace to propane, which leaves you two options: propane fire log sets and propane fireplace inserts.
Wait – why would I want to convert my wood-burning fireplace to propane?
That’s a good question! There are three key reasons to choose a propane fireplace conversion:
- Ease of use – With a propane fireplace, just flip a switch and your evening fire is ready – no wood chopping, no kindling, and no cleanup.
- More heating bang for your buck – Most of the heat a wood fire produces escapes through the flu. Propane fireplaces, on the other hand, are 80 percent efficient or more – which means you’ll get more heat for less money.
- Safety – A propane fire feature produces no fire hazards like embers, sparks, or creosote in your chimney. Just take proper precautions for propane safety and you’ll be good to go.
Propane fireplace inserts and propane log sets: two great options for your Massachusetts home
If you’re sold on a propane fireplace conversion, you’ll have two basic options:
- A propane fireplace insert, which is a sealed box that fits inside your masonry fireplace and vents through your chimney. These inserts can be quite realistic, and they can be ordered in styles to match just about any decorating scheme. Installation takes about a day – much less than an fireplace install.
- A propane gas log set, which includes a burner and ceramic or concrete logs. While they are not as realistic as a fireplace insert, they are a great value at about half the cost of an insert. They’re available in a variety of “wood” finishes so you create your dream propane-fired hearth.
Get all the benefits of a roaring fire with no wood-fired mess! Contact us today for a FREE estimate on a propane fireplace insert or propane gas log set for your Massachusetts home!