as of Tuesday, 12/4/2018... our Worcester Office has moved to 642 Park Avenue, Worcester MA 01603
Severe Weather Safety Reminders
Posted: December 26, 2018
Well, winter has officially arrived here in Massachusetts – and with it comes that ever-present chance of a good old-fashioned Nor’easter. Be sure you’re prepared for severe winter weather by following these five steps:
- Keep an eye on your fuel gauge – If you know a storm is coming, call us for a heating oil delivery or propane delivery if your tank is less than 30 percent full. Make sure you have enough fuel to last at least a week in case road conditions make deliveries difficult.
- Program your thermostat to save fuel – Fuel deliveries might be delayed, so stretch out your fuel supply if you start to run low. One of the best ways to do that is to use your programmable thermostat, setting temperatures as low as possible while keeping it comfortable for your family.
- Clear a path to your fuel or gas line – Keep at least a 12-inch a path to your fill pipe or propane tank, and clear your driveway if that’s where our trucks need to be to deliver your oil or gas. While you’re out there, clear your chimneys, flues, and outdoor vents to keep your house ventilated and protect against CO poisoning.
- Review precautions in the event of a gas leak – If you power your home with propane, remind everyone in the house about what to do if you detect a propane gas leak in the house.
- Never use outdoor appliances to heat your home – Never use your outdoor gas grill, portable generator, or other propane heating appliances indoors; using them without proper ventilation could cause a deadly buildup of carbon monoxide in your home.
Be prepared for any winter weather with reliable propane and heating oil deliveries from Pioneer Oil & Propane. If you are in our Massachusetts service area, contact us today to become a Pioneer customer – or use our convenient online customer portal to schedule your delivery!