Seven Benefits of Propane Power That You Might Not Know About
Posted: September 13, 2018
As we saw in our last blog, you can make a pretty good case for switching from electricity to propane in your Massachusetts home – at least from an efficiency standpoint. But what about any other benefits that might come from diving into a propane conversion?
As it turns out, switching to propane can help improve your quality of life in ways you may not have even considered. Here are seven ways that a switch to propane could benefit you in the months and years to come:
- It will let you take longer showers – Propane water heaters have much faster recovery rate than electric models, which means you’re far less likely to run out of hot water (if you switch to a tankless propane water heater, you’ll never run out of hot water at all).
- Cleaner, longer-lasting clothes – A propane clothes dryer dries clothes faster and produces less static cling than an electric dryer – which means less wear and tear on your favorite outfits.
- More protection for you family and property – A whole-house propane generator will keep your sump pump, security systems, refrigerators, and heating / cooling systems running even after the grid goes down.
- More fun outdoors – Add a propane-powered kitchen, hearth, and gaslights to your outdoor space and it will quickly become your family’s favorite place to gather. Or go all the way and add a propane pool heater and propane space heaters to extend your outdoor season by a month or more.
- More energy savings – Because propane burns so hot and so efficiently, most propane equipment costs significantly less to run than their electric equivalent.
- Healthier air and a healthier family – Burning propane produces virtually no greenhouse gasses, so your kids will have cleaner air to breathe when they get older; good for them, good for the planet.
- A warmer, more comfortable home – With efficiencies up to 98 percent, propane furnaces heat your house more evenly than electric-powered models, and they supply that heat at a higher temperature than electric heat pumps. This means more consistent, comfortable heating – important for the challenges of a winter here in Massachusetts.
Discover the benefits of propane for yourself – contact Pioneer today for a FREE estimate for propane conversions in your home!