Starting 11/23, our Worcester Office moves to 642 Park Avenue, Worcester MA 01603
My Heat Isn’t Working
What to do if you Lose Your Heat
Sometimes, a customer will call to tell us there is no heat in the house, but they will become impatient when we start asking a series of questions. Rest assured that we do this to help you!
By asking the right questions, we may be able to save you the cost of an unnecessary service call. In many cases, your no-heat problem may be something that you can correct yourself.
To save you some trouble, here’s what to do before calling for a heating system repair
- Check to see if you have enough fuel in your tank.
- Make sure all emergency valves or switches are in their “on” or “start” positions.
- Check the fuse or circuit breaker that controls your heating system; do you have a blown fuse or a tripped breaker?
- Confirm that your thermostat is set above room temperature and to the “heat” setting. Note: For warm air systems, if you adjust the thermostat and the fan doesn’t go on, this could mean your burner is not igniting; this requires a service call.
- Press the reset button on the burner only once
If you do all this and your heat still doesn’t work, call us and we will send a technician to find out why your furnace or boiler is not working. He will get your heat working again as soon as possible.