Help – I Have No Heat!
Posted: December 5, 2017
When your heat goes out in your oil-fired heating system, don’t worry – Pioneer will be there for you, with expert technicians available 24/7 anywhere in our service area.
But before you call us for emergency service, it pays to do a little troubleshooting – just in case the problem is something you can easily fix yourself.
Try these things before you call for service:
- Check how much heating oil or propane you have left
- Make sure all emergency valves and switches are in their “on” positions.
- Make sure the circuit breakers that control your heating system have not been tripped; reset them if necessary.
- Check your thermostat – make sure it’s set at least five degrees above the current room temperature, and that your system is set for “heat.” If the fan doesn’t go on in your warm air system when you adjust the thermostat, this could mean your burner is not igniting – call for service. If there is no display on your digital thermostat, you probably need to change the batteries.
- If you’ve tried all that with no result, press the reset button on your burner only one time. If your system does not reset, you need service.
If you have followed these steps and still have no heat, contact us and we’ll get a technician to you as soon as possible.
*To prevent an emergency fill-up, it’s best to call for a heating oil when your tank is about ¼ full – or better yet, sign up for FREE Automatic Delivery and let US worry about ordering your propane or heating oil.