5 Reasons Why Propane Is Better for the Environment
Electricity is often touted as a “clean” energy source, but that assertion becomes less convincing when you take a closer look. Here’s a look at a few comparisons.
- About half of the electricity generated in the United States is still generated by coal-fired power plants. These power plants are among the largest sources of greenhouse gas pollution in the United States.
- You need much less propane than electricity to produce the same amount of heat energy.
- Propane has such a low carbon content that it produces next to zero greenhouse gas emissions or air pollutants.
- The average propane-powered home reduces carbon dioxide emissions by nearly 30% compared to all-electric homes.
- Direct use of propane for space heating, water heating, cooking and clothes drying reduces greenhouse gas emissions by up to 50%.
<< Back to newsletter